You’ll find the rules and a gallery of earlier badges on the Project 10K Page.
Hello writers, how did your month go? As you see I added two more badges. I almost didn’t make it this month and only an editing marathon this week had me meet my word count. I don’t want to stare at an empty space all month, so I made a Fail badge. And: sometimes we have writing goals that can’t be measured in word count. For that I made the ‘Project goal met’ badge. I think together with my own answers I’ll also post my goals for next month. And here are the questions:
1. Did you meet your writing/editing goals?
2. Did you have fun writing?
3. Did the P10K help with motivation?
4. Anything else you want to tell us.
Here are my answers:
- I did meet my writing goals but only just. I’m trying to get some structure into the ‘thing’ and although I did a fair amount of writing, most time was spent editing. I’ll grab the editing badge for this month.
- I’m on and off between having fun and being ready to quit writing all together. I have so many details, but I’m still struggling with the characters and the story. I need more time for structuring that ‘thing’. I’ll also outline some more. I like to write, but without a good and well-planned outline, I just can’t get past the first chapter.
- The challenge helped me again, because it kept me going even though I felt very negative about my writing for part of the month (and my Friday Fictioneers friends had to endure the whining).
My goals for July are:
Structuring and outlining in earnest I’ll try to edit chapter 2 and proceed to chapter 3 but if I don’t meet the word count this month, so be it. The main focus is on structure.
I’m looking forward to your stories, and wish you good luck, many good ideas and a lot of fun for your July writing adventures.