You’ll find the rules and a gallery of earlier badges on the Project 10K Page.
Another crazy month flew by and we’ve reached August. How did your writing go last month?
1. Did you meet your writing/editing goals?
2. Did you have fun writing?
3. Did the P10K help with motivation?
4. Anything else you want to tell us?
Here are my answers:
- Yes I did. My goals were to structure and sort through the many notes, research, scenes etc. I collected over time. I’ve now combined everything in one Scrivener project (Scrivener is a writing program). This was really helpful, I enjoyed doing it, found scenes and chapters I couldn’t even remember (Did I write that?) and feel a lot more confident to finally get somewhere. I have no idea where somewhere is, but I do feel accomplished and will grab the P badge, for project goals met. The fourhundred word wordcount in my progress bar shows my goal for the Friday Fictioneers. The project bar without progress looks so sad, that’s why I lowered it to the fourhundred words, which I did manage to write.
- I really had fun looking through all the old and new and bringing it together. And now I want to write more again.
- It is very likely that without the challenge I wouldn’t have done it at all, but just lazed away, thinking ‘I should…’ I felt softly pushed, but not so much that I was stressed out.
My goals for August are:
Writing. The structuring and sorting isn’t done yet, and maybe I’ll do another month of it in September or October, but for now I have enough of it. Looking through all this information makes me want to use it and write. So it’ll be a clean 10K writing goal for August. I keep my fingers crossed.
I’m looking forward to your stories, and wish you good luck, many good ideas and a lot of fun for your Aufgust writing adventures.